A sad but triumphant day has come and gone. Annika has been claiming to have a wiggly tooth for the past six months. Monday morning at 5:30 am she rushed into our room and showed us how it had fallen out. This was a huge moment for many reasons:
1) She had been talking about this tooth for six months. It had become a sore point in our lives as I cannot imagine a tooth has ever been discussed longer or with greater intensity. She was sure it was going to come out a week ago and even asked me to take her to a dentist. The dentist refused to pull it out even for my sanity. So it has stayed in another week. After the day the dentist said it needed to fall out itself Anni has calmed down a bit. Moved on to other topics finally.
2) She has her first adult tooth coming in! It was already pushing up behind her other one as a "Shark Tooth" with two layers at once but now I see that full grown tooth trying to push forward into the empty space and I am facing the every day tragedy of watching your child grow up. Who decided that those larger, lifetime teeth should be called Grown Up Teeth? I am not ready to see her be a grown up in any way. She is a huge fan of the Elf on the Shelf, the Tooth Fairy, and magical Gargoyles so why does she need to think she has a Adult tooth? She doesn't need to grow up yet and I pray she doesn't for at least 6 more years. Let her be a child until at least 12. I know she might be taller than me by then, but that doesn't mean she has to be adult in any other ways.
3) Now she an adorable gap in her front teeth and a very wiggle Mr. Wiggles #2 right next to the gap. This means my child might be able to legitimately sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". A dream come true for me! It is up there as life altering Joy moment, right next to having a small part on Scrubs as J.D's best friend from high school.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment