First off, I would like to express thanks to all of our friends and family who have been helping us with everything from kind words to food to taking care of Annika when we need to focus on Amara.
Yesterday, Amara turned Two Weeks old! A formidable mile marker for me. Ami and I are constantly amazed at how quickly babies grow at this age. She is looking less like a newborn and more like a baby (a subjective distinction, I'm sure). What was difficult for us over the last two weeks (and by us I mean me) is that I had forgotten what Annika was like as a baby. I remember the good times and tend to forget the bad, maybe that's a personality thing for me, but I tend to believe that is how we are programmed otherwise we'd be a society of single children families.
Also, I must say that Ami has gone above and beyond the call of duty in letting me sleep through the night in most cases. Rarely will she wake me up for help. And the truly amazing part is that she still manages to put on a great face and not be perpetually frustrated because of her exhaustion. Amara has shown glimpses of nocturnal brilliance by occasionally sleeping a whopping six hours only to turn around the next night and party all night. None the less, it seems (as I knock on wood) that she is starting to make the distinction between night and day, which will be a great step forward.
Annika is wonderful, as always. has shown nothing but love for her sister (Sissy). Anytime that Annika gets an opportunity, she comes over to Amara to interact with her. She has not shown any signs of jealousy - we recognize how lucky we are. She continues to grow into a young toddler girl. Her vocabulary is growing at an exponential rate and she is learning how to manipulate the world around her. Her favorite activity is working with me on house projects - give the girl a screwdriver and she'll pretend to know exactally what she's doing.
We are so lucky. We know this.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Oh how time flies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment