Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 3

It is absolutely amazing how quickly the little ones grow. Amara is starting to move away from looking like a feeble muscle-less elderly person to a feeble muscle-less baby. Her cheeks are getting round and rosy and her poo has changed consistency - a very important mile marker for those without kids.

Annika has become a great big sister. She fully understands that we have a baby in the house and seems to have an innate understanding of what is appropriate and not appropriate with her new sister. I am, as always, impressed with her. We went to Babies R Us today for supplies and as we walked the isles, she was intent on trying to get everything that caught her eye as a present for Amara by pointing at items and saying BeeBee (Baby in Anni-speak).

Amara is starting to sleep more regulary (we hope as it is only 11:30pm on Day 3). During the day her eyes are open and are so incredibly soulful and lately (and by lately I mean in the last 12 hours) have been more open than closed. And song, she loves being sung to, preferably a ballad of some sort.

I love being a family. I love being a dad.

3 comments:

FitzFamilyFun said...

YEA!!!!! I am so happy for you and I am so happy that you have a blog now! It is funny, my email is not working and I have been dying to email Ami b/c I thought the due date was right about now! Congratulations. You have such a beautiful family and so much to look forward to. We wish you all the best!!! With lots of love,
Laura, Lance, Gwen & Darcy

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! I've already marked it as a favorite!

Krissy said...

Congratulations! What a miracle! How exciting that she came early. I'm so glad the labor was better this time. I LOVE all that hair she has!! What a beauty :) I can't wait to meet her! Love you! Krissy