We're in the hospital, Ami is 4 cm dialated with contractions 5 minutes apart, and we've got the Fray blaring (as much as you can in a hospital) to help provide some background noise between contractions. And I think that I've discovered the perfect time to begin a blog - not that we've ever been known to add additional chaos to our already chaotic situations.
6:55 AM - Our contractions (and by Our I mean her) are holding steady at 5 minutes apart, so they have instructed us to walk (and once again by Us, I mean her). Off we head to the cafeteria.
7:55 AM - It might be an oddity of my taste buds or a loose mental screw, but I don't understand how anybody can think that hospital food is not INCREDIBLE! I devoured a plate of Buicuits and gravy and Ami regretfully took to a chocolate covered donut filled with icing (sounded like such a great idea until the next contraction).
8:05 AM - Back in the room, Anjoli (Ami's sister) came to the hospital with goodies for Ami. I'm in the waiting room now since they only allow two people in the Triage rooms. She is going to try to be in the delivery room through out the delivery. I do have to say that I am proud of Anj, as she has grown up over the last 18 months specifically. I don't think that she would have had it in her to handle the entire delivery when Annika was delivered.
Hopefully the staff has checked Ami by now - off I go for an update.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment