Samir pointed out this morning that today is my sixth Mother's Day. What an odd feeling. I could not believe I have only six. It seems so much longer. I counted the years and he was correct. We have been together almost 13 years and 6 of them as parents. How funny life and time are. In the rear view mirror, things are closer than they appear.
What a glorious morning I had. After 40 days of sleeping an average of 4 - 5 hours, I had the luxury of sleeping from 11 - 5 and then again from 7 - 9. My brain is rushing around thinking of all the projects and moments I want to tackle with this new energy. Of course, the smarter thing to do with my time is write and go for a walk. Nothing recharges me more then these two. In fact, going for a walk in Glenwood Gardens was all I asked for Mothers Day. Thankfully, God has blessed us with a sunny and cool day. Perfect for walking : )
I did receive several wonderful gifts though. I loved the gift from Samir - an upstairs water cooler with delicious water in a five gallon jug. It can even be heated for instant tea water. And I also loved the gift from my girls (really equally from Kim) of a beautiful, thoughtful, and brightly colored book they wrote and illustrated called, "If you were..." where I am depicted as many sweet animals and how they would see me. Two beautiful cards and breakfast of tea, raspberries, and marmalade toast was icing on the cake. A myriad of texts from friends and family "Mothers" are the sprinkles.
Annika could not stop saying, "happy mother's day!". Amara kept saying, "I don't want any arguing on Mothers Day, everyone must listen to Mom." Even Aria cooed some delightful happy sounds at me. She is just up from a nice 90 minute nap, so off I go to nurse her and then give her a warm bath with hopes of her taking another calm nap from 3 - 5:30.
Thank you God, Family, and forces of nature for such a blessed day. I feel much appreciated.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment