Sunday, April 21, 2013

The day our kids were more responsible then us

A quick post to document a day I am both proud and embarrassed about:  on Friday, April 22nd I awoke at 7:46 am after a rough night with Aria.  I looked at the clock and awoke a startled Samir. "Is it okay if the girls skip school today - its almost 7:50 and neither of us are up!".  His response, "Yes that is fine.  It is just one day.   What happened?  Usually Annika comes in our room at 7:15 at the latest?"

(Before Aria we would both be up and dressed before 7am in order to get the girls ready by 8 and leave for school). 

I open the door to look for the girls and find them both completely dressed for school in the outfits we laid out (with socks!), with their hair brushed as well as their teeth brushed.  They were quietly playing in the upstairs play room.   

Astonished and touched are the words that come to mind.  Overwhelmed mom and dad were ready to skip school and yet our sweet angels had got themselves ready - what a great and powerful moment.   Were able to get to school just 5 minutes late.   Good thing I didn't open the door and start talking about staying home from school until after I saw them.  : )


No comments: