Friday, September 27, 2013

A lost fish

Both of my big girls have transitioned to school this year better than ever.  Annika has really enjoyed some of the new kids who have joined her class.   Amara is surprisingly comfortable with being in kindergarten all day since it is the same teacher Annika had.  However, the other day Amara said the cutest thing to me in the car on the way to school, "Mom, when you drop me off I feel like a fish.  Like a fish in a big ocean who is lost."    This made my heart warm and also feel heavy.  Heavy for hearing the sadness in her voice.  Warm from hearing her find her words and express them in such a poetic way.   Or perhaps she has watched Finding Nemo recently and it is sitting in her subconscious.  Regardless I was touched.  

1 comment:

surya said...

I love this! so cute! i can totally picture her saying this :)