This is a stolen moment. My girls are both napping and Samir is on the phone for work and I am taking a moment to remember what Christmas is about, at least to me. Its about family, appreciating the special moments, and making new memories. I am so excited for Amara's first Christmas and so thankful that Annika will understand it in a new way. And thankful because "Santa Claus is watching..." has been a motivating part of getting to finish her food or share with Amara. : ) I am so thankful to be able to celebrate with my entire immediate family as well as Samir's. This year we started a new tradition and we had Samir's brother and wife and Samir's parents come over on the 22nd and do an early Christmas. It was great to just have 24 hours of hanging out with them. I am thankful for my mother's cancer staying away and for all the wonderful new memories we made with friends and family this year. I especially appreciate Jen and Brad, Minu and Nishi, and Rucha and Ryan coming out to visit us in Cincinnati and Tampa. And my entire extended family who came down for our family reunion in August. And for doing great on the MCAT the second time around. And for Melissa, our nanny, helping us raise our girls into sweet little munchkins. And for God helping us find Hope, our new nanny starting in January.
My stolen moment is over. Samir came in and reminded me that we have quiches to bake, bags to pack, and gifts to wrap before we head to my mom's for Christmas. Back to reality. But at least my pockets are full of some gratitude. Looking forward to having a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Year! Much love to you all!
Post a Comment